We Are Bad Ass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Games  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Error Compiling

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:51 am

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1.vmf
Brush 11875: origin brushes not allowed in world

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\counter-strike source\cstrike" -fast "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov 8 2007)
fastvis = true
2 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov 8 2007)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\waba_dude\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_condo_beta1.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\waba_dude\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\cs_condo_beta1.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

Anyone know what I should do to fix this? I've been working on a new map, and when I went to test it, i got this error. Not sure what I should be doing to make it work.
Back to top Go down

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:26 pm

Hey, sorry this is a bit late. I\'ve gotten that error before, and, honestly, I don\'t know how to fix it. What I had tried doing was saving my source as a different file, and when I tried to compile it, I got that error. I changed it back to the original name, and it compiled just fine...go figure.

I\'ve been trying to do a full compile on my map, and it went all night (7 hours) and still wasn\'t finished. Hopefully it will finish before I go home after work. Hammer was locked up, but viss was still running, which I find is pretty normal if you do anything else on your system while it is compiling. So, just remember, just becase hammer says not responding, it doesn\'t mean that it isn\'t working, because hammer is just the interface...it is another program that is doing the work. (Unfortunately, that doesn\'t help you with your problem.)
Back to top Go down

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:13 am

Well, at least you got back to me!! I'll try it in the morning, but maybe all I need to do is change the file name. The weird thing is, I tried it on my laptop first, and got the error. I then tried it on my very good Desktop, and I got the same error. I copied the cs_condo files from my laptop and put them in the correct folder on the desktop and compiled and got the same error. Hopefully if I just change the filename, it will work....Otherwise, I need to copy EVERY little texture into my cs_dude map and see if it compiles. I like the way this map looks (very early along), so I hope I don't have to start over!!

BTW, the map is going to be a replica of the condo I live in (to a certain extent). The outside world is going to have similarities, but certain details will be changed to enhance the map. So far, I think it will be a pretty good map, but like I said, its still very early along.
Back to top Go down

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:24 am

I would do my apartment, but I would probably have to make a tatami mat texture...
Back to top Go down

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:28 am

haha
Back to top Go down

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:29 am

BTW, my map finished compiling, after about 8 hours.
Back to top Go down
The_Thing
Admin
Admin
The_Thing

Male
Number of posts : 882
Testicles : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:16 pm

This error reminds me of my computer 4 days ago. So corrupt I wiped the entire thing.
Back to top Go down

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:11 am

\"seriously... seriously...?\"

-chexbox
Back to top Go down

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:09 am

WHY ARE YOU QUOTING ME!?
Back to top Go down

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:16 am

I could totally hear you in my head saying that in response to thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Error Compiling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Compiling   Error Compiling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error Compiling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Bad Ass :: The Fun Section :: Mapping-
Jump to: